Friday, February 20, 2015

CHALLENGE #1: Use A Page From The Phonebook

CARD# HPJ-2015-01: Memory

Hi there! Have you seen the previous post? It’s a card I made earlier which I posted on my Instagram. As I have said the other day, I will be doing the 75 Creative Card Challenges from Paper Crafts Magazine and this is the first in the series. I’ve had that magazine for quite some time now, but I only used it as a basis for layouts and color palettes. I have to do something about it.

In the previous year, I started to be productive crafts-wise. I began accepting commissions for handmade cards and dabbled into mixed media art. But I haven’t made that many cards as compared to other artists who actually made hundreds the whole year round. So this year I’ve decided to be more active in the world of arts and crafts, connect with communities, and create more than what I could make in the past. I want to hone my skills even more, learn new techniques and apply them, make more people happy with what my hands could create and just simply live. I would like to live each day doing what I love and sharing it to anyone who would care. Wouldn’t it be wonderful? I just hope I can do this for a very long time.


 The card measures 4 1/2" x 5 3/4".


Going back to the card, the first challenge was to use a page from a phonebook. We don’t have one in our apartment since we do not have a landline. What I used instead was a page from an old pocketbook which I bought a couple of years ago for the sole purpose of being used in my works. It is still whole. I only ripped a few pages over the years. Anyhow, I used the book page as a substrate for my stamped images which I fuzzy cut and layered to make embellishments.

It took me almost two hours to finish because I had to wait for the molding paste and ink to dry naturally. I couldn’t use my dryer for fear of disturbing our neighbors with the noise in the wee hours of the night. They could file a complaint and I will surely be in trouble. Still it’s not bad. I mean two hours? Most of the time it takes the whole day for me to finish a single card. (I’m such a slow card maker.) I think I’m improving. I’ll have 74 more cards to practice on. Hehe. Till the next card (later today!).

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Elite Board Paper Buffalo Brown, pocketbook page, Kaisercraft Pickled Pear Collection Sticker Sheet, paper flowers, wooden flower, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishment, pearls, beads, crystals, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Dictionary Meanings and Botanical Odyssey, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Tsukineko Dew Drops Brilliance ink pads, Golden Molding Paste, The Crafter’s Workshop stencil Mini Swiss Dots]

No comments: