Friday, February 20, 2015

CHALLENGE #4: Stamp With Paint

CARD# HPJ-2015-04: Love

I just love this card! It is a simple one with minimal embellishments. Ha. Even with a simple card, I can’t feel right without adding dimensions. So there’s a wooden heart with stamens wrapped around it. And the sentiment was adhered using foam tape.

As I’ve mentioned, this card is simple, but I can say it is not plain. It is still alive due to the red stamens that accentuate the basic colors in the palette- black and white.




Ooh. I kept gabbing and forgot what the card was about. It was for the fourth challenge 'Stamp with paint'. I was thinking about the fast approaching Valentine’s Day yesterday and I thought that I should make the next card challenge into a Valentine’s Day card and that was what I did. I wanted to go for a ‘messy’ look, but I don’t know if I achieved it. The stamped text perhaps since the paint was all over the place. I mean it was a bit tricky to use watercolor (the one on a tube) to stamp. It was sticky and the paint on the surface of the stamp was uneven. I just went along with it since I was after the messy look. With the background stamped with a regular archival ink, the whole card looked fine. It turned out well more than what I expected. That’s a good thing.


So having finished the fourth challenge, I would be tackling the fifth one and I say tackling because it would prove to be a bit challenging. Gah. I am not a patient person and I dislike doing repetitive things for a long time. I’d have to hold my impatience in for the next one. Do you know what it is? It is to be a quilt-inspired card. Whoa! Looking at the samples on the magazine, I would have to work on circles, rectangles or hexagons and I have to make more than ten of them from what I can see (which is A LOT for me). Oh my. I’d particularly like to go with hexagons. It would sure cost me more time to finish. I’ll let you see what I come up with later today. ¡Hasta pronto!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishment, stamens, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Dictionary Meanings, Graphic 45 Antique Typewriter Wooden Rubber Stamps, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Pebeo Water Colour Chinese White


No comments: