Sunday, February 15, 2015

CARD# PR-2015-02: Two Hearts

Hi there! Welcome to today’s post. The commission I received two weeks or so ago was for a Valentine’s Day card. Here is what I came up with.

As you can see, it is another trishutter card inspired by two past projects.

Do you remember these from last year?




The first one was Ruth’s anniversary card (which you can find here) and the other one was Eunice’s.

My friend asked me if I could incorporate the ideas on both the cards into her card. It was a muddle at first because we were not on the same page, but we worked it out and came to an understanding that what was wanted was a pocket to hold the cardstock for the message at the center panel of a mixed media trishutter card. The card was to accompany a bouquet of Ferrero Rocher chocolates (which I will also make). Wow! What a sweet Valentine’s gift. What a lucky recipient!

I found out that the recipient has a preference to yellow so I decided to use this color along with black and gold. I just love how it turned out. My friend adores it. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the recipient would love it too.
You’ve seen the other two projects so you probably know how I did this already. Instead of an image cut from a patterned paper, I used one of their photos as the focal point at the front of the card. I coated the picture with crackle paint for added effect, adhered it onto a piece of black cardstock and adhered it again on top of a pretty rectangular die cut before settling it onto the front panel.



The card measures 4 1/4” x 6” when closed.

She wanted a heart as well, but I placed two hearts instead which rather came out nice after I painted them gold and coated them with crackle paint. Also, she wanted to throw in some quotes which I gladly did in the inside panels. And of course there were other photos of them inside.






There is a matching box for the card. This is what it looks like.






I was also asked to make a bouquet of Ferrero Rocher to go with the card. Check out the next post for the photos and a link to a video tutorial on how to make one.

Thank you for looking today!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Stardream Specialty Board Paper Gold, My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Two 6x6 paper pad Sunshine and Breeze, Graphic 45 8x8 paper pad Typography and French Country Collections, printed texts and images, HP All-In-One Deskjet Printer, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy, Golden Molding Paste, Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drops Galaxy Gold Pigment Ink Pad, Uni-ball Signo Broad White, sticker, self-adhesive crystals, rubber stamps, circle punch, Martha Stewart Scoring Board, Spellbinders Card Creators Tranquil Moments, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: