Tuesday, January 13, 2015

CARD# PR-2015-01: C & K

Hi there! Welcome to today's post. This is the first custom order I received this year and the first card  I made so I got a bit excited about the project. The trishutter card, I can say, is really the favorite of my customers. There were several orders for them last year. Here's the first for this year:


The card measures 4.25" x 6" when closed.







Remember this?


and this?


Right. They were from two different projects. The customer wanted a card with a matching box similar to the images above. But since it was to be a trishutter card, I made a rectangular box instead of a square one. I also used a different set of patterned papers for the card except for one.

I left the main front panel blank for a picture that will be placed by the customer. She said she hasn't chosen the photo yet so she told me to just leave some space for it.








The layout and design of all the panels is quite simple. The embellishments were minimal. I only adhered crystals and pearls on some panels, added two wooden hearts (She saw the wooden embellishments from Ruth's card and liked them to be incorporated into her card) and affixed strips of paper coated with distress crackle paint showing the date of the anniversary.



I stamped around a piece of cardstock and mounted it onto another cardstock before adhering it onto the center panel with foam tape. This would be where the message will be written.




 



I mentioned earlier that the card had to have a box. I altered the dimensions of the A2 card box from Beate John's tutorial for Splitcoaststampers. I added 1/4" to the length of both cardstocks (for the bottom and the lid). If you are interested to see how it was done, you can check out Beate's written as well as a video tutorial here.

I ran a piece of cardstock with printed text through my Cuttlebug to make a tag for the box and put a pearl on each side for added effect. After the box is assembled and the card placed nicely inside, it would be tied with a length of black baker's twine. ¡Ya está! Done!

That was another fun and easy project. I hope to work on another one soon. Thank you for looking! May you have a wonderful day and a great 2015!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel White Board Paper, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Bo Bunny 6x6 paper pad Enchanted, All About Scrapbooking 6x6 paper pad It's All Bout Love, Papemelroti sticker sheet, self-adhesive crystals and pearls, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishment, baker's twine, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Flourishes and Such, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy, printed texts, HP Inkjet printer, Spellbinders Nestabilities Fancy Framed Tags One, Cuttlebug Machine V2

P.S. I originally wrote this a couple of days ago, but I entered it onto my old blog (Hodge Podge Jenna). Please don't be confused with the date and time. Thanks again for stopping by!

No comments: