Sunday, February 15, 2015

CHALLENGE #15: Use Crepe Paper


Hello! I skipped another challenge. I’m sorry for that. I was supposed to do the paper bag challenge first, but I got my hands on this beautiful metallic crepe paper and I thought I should just go ahead with the next one.

Remember the Ferrero Rocher bouquet? I used a strip of the paper for this card. When I unraveled the paper, one end was folded and cut unevenly. I cut a strip of it and used it on the card. I made ruffles and adhered them onto the card base with hot glue. I then added a die cut in the middle and placed a wooden flower whose color would complement the gold background. There was a bit of a white part at the bottom of the card so I covered it with brown lace trimming. For the final touch, I put two foam stickers that spell out ‘hi’. And it was done.

This is one of the simplest and quickest cards I ever made. I love the gold and the yellow flower. I hope to finish another challenge soon. Till next time. Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Sino-Harvest Crepe Paper Metallic Gold, Tim Holtz Paper Stash French Industrial Revolution, lace trimming, wooden flower, All About Scrapbooking foam alpha sticker

No comments: