Friday, February 20, 2015

CHALLENGE #5: Make A Quilt-Inspired Card

CARD# HPJ-2015-05: Quilted Love

Woohoo! I finished the fifth card earlier today. I said in a previous post that I would probably work on a hexagon pattern for this particular card, but I changed my mind. I remembered a sampler canvas project that I’ve seen on Pinterest before and I thought that I could perhaps employ the technique on my card. I believed that it would be easier to make circles than hexagons so I went with circles. Heh. If you’re interested to know how to make the circles with a quilted look, Creating Keepsakes posted a tutorial on their blog.





I didn't do much on this card since the base was pre-made. It was one of the projects that I started last year, but didn't get to finish. You know those times when you are working on something then all of a sudden you get stuck and couldn’t move on? I would drop it and start another one. I have a lot of these unfinished stuff. I’m glad I could do something with one of them after all those months of being left alone in a box. Hmn. Maybe I could continue working on the others as well during the challenge period. Yay!


Anyhow, aside from the circles, I used three layers of lace trimmings to make the pattern pop up. On the inside, I covered both panels with patterned paper. I had to cover the extra lace at the back.

So that was the fifth card. I’ll post the next one in a little while. Thanks a bunch for stopping by!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Papemelroti kraft paper, Kaisercraft 12x12 Forget-Me-Not Collection, paper scraps, lace trimmings, buttons, metal charms, needle and thread, ColorBox Cat’s Eye Queue Pigment Ink Old Rose, bone folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Squares, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: