Sunday, February 15, 2015

RAMO DE BOMBONES

Hi! As I have said in the previous post, I will be uploading some photos of the bouquet I made using Ferrero Rocher chocolates. It was my first time to make something like this and I feel great because I was able to do something different.


The recipient of this bouquet is one lucky lady. Her loved one wanted this year’s Valentine’s Day to be special for her. I, myself, am not lucky to receive even a teeny weeny chocolate on this day. It’s nothing new. I’d really be shocked if I receive something on Valentine’s Day even if it is from a friend.


Hmn. Let’s go back to the bouquet. It was my first time to do it, but it was rather fairly easy. I watched a tutorial on Youtube by a sweet Spanish lady who has tons of ideas for parties. She speaks in Spanish. I also speak the language so I understood what she said well, but I do believe that even without any knowledge of the Spanish language, one would be able to follow the steps easily. She demonstrated the process clearly. If you are interested to learn how to make one, you can check her youtube channel Ideas para fiestas. Here is the link to the particular video.


There was just a little snag though when I was making the bouquet. I was supposed to use a smaller styro ball (at least 4" in diameter), but the ones in the store were either too small or too big. I grabbed the bigger ball and worked on it. It was so have 16 pieces of chocolate, but as the ball was a bit big, there were three spaces left after adhering all of them onto the base. I didn't go buy some more chocolates. We just talked on 16 so I rolled three paper flowers to go into those empty spaces. I added gold brads at their centers. I'll say, the whole thing looks good. The next time I will make one, I will make sure it's perfect.


This is my sister holding the bouquet for me.

That was another fun project. Thank you for looking today. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Sino-Harvest Crepe Paper Metallic Gold, light brown paper, styro ball (5.5” in diameter), barbecue sticks, Stanley Glue Gun, Ferrero Rocher 16 pcs., paper scraps, brads, jute twine

No comments: