Friday, February 20, 2015

CHALLENGE #2: Make A Creative Handmade Flower





CARD# HPJ-2015-02: Rolled Flower Happy Birthday

I wasn’t able to finish the card before midnight last night. I used molding paste and acrylic paint on the background so I had to wait for it to dry. Remember I can’t use my dryer.
Even if I missed my self-imposed deadline, I’m still happy it turned out well. I will just have to make a ‘card’ planner (like my sister suggested) so I can go through my card making smoothly.

Anyway, let me just tell you quickly how the card was put together. First, I made a 4” x 4” base from a leftover white cardstock. I cut another square of cardstock slightly smaller than the base (minus 1/8” all around). I put down a stencil onto the surface of the cardstock and spread an even amount of molding paste. Afterwards, I spattered some paint and painted the edges with black acrylic paint. While waiting for it to dry, I made the flowers. If I remember it right, I’ve posted how it was done somewhere in my blog so I won’t go into further details.

After the background has dried, I stamped flourishes and adhered the paper flowers. I made a small bow from a length of lace trimming and affixed it onto the card. I added a brad and some resin embellishment as well as several black crystals. I ran a piece of black cardstock through my Cuttlebug with a Spellbinders die and stamped the ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment on it. I don’t have a white matte ink pad except for Brilliance so I had to overwrite the text with a white pigment ink pen. When I was satisfied with the embellishments, I placed a couple of foam tape at the back of the cardstock and adhered it onto the card base and that was that.

This was another easy and fun project. I hope you find it interesting. I will post the next one in a little while (the one which was supposed to be for yesterday). Have a wonderful day (or night in our region).

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Rives Board Paper Tradition White, Prestige Board Paper Zulu Black, Bo Bunny 6x6 paper pad Enchanted Collection, lace trimming, resin embellishment, All About Scrapbooking brad, self-adhesive crystals, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Flourishes and Such, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, The Crafter’s Workshop stencils Mini Window Screen, Golden Molding Paste, Pebeo Acrylic Paint Mars Black, Tsukineko Dew Drops Brilliance Pigment Ink Pad Moonlight White, Uni-ball Signo Broad White, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Framed Tags One, Cuttlebug Machine V2


No comments: