Friday, February 20, 2015

CHALLENGE #10: Make Your Own Buttons

CARD# HPJ-2015-10: Hearts

Hello everyone! I know you might be wondering where card #9 is. The challenge was to use bleach, but unfortunately, the only kind that we have at home is for colored clothes. I tried using it to stamp an image on a piece of cardstock, but nothing happened. Tsk. I would need the regular one. I guess it will have to wait until I get my hands on a bottle of the right bleach.







For now, I am showing you what I came up with for the tenth challenge. I had to make my own buttons. I have these rub-on stickers that came with an order a few months back for free. I transferred the images onto a black cardstock, punched some holes and coated each image with crackle paint. I then cut the hearts out after drying. I tied a length of baker’s twine on the ‘buttons’ on the front of the card and left the third one as is. 

I adhered the hearts on a die cut with foam tape for dimension and used lace trimming to close off the triangle trifold card.

It was another fun and simple project. If everything works out fine on my enrollment today, I’ll really try to finish off three challenges. Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful evening (or day)!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Rives Board Paper Tradition Red, Prestige Board Paper Zulu Black, Bo Bunny 6x6 paper pad Enchanted Collection, Rouge de garance 6x6 paper pad Nympheas, lace trimming, baker’s twine, self-adhesive crystals, rub-on sticker, clear stamp, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy, Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Squares, Cuttlebug Machine V2, ticket hole punch

No comments: