Friday, February 20, 2015

CHALLENGE #3: Stamp On Felt

CARD# HPJ-2015-03: A Little Bird

Hi guys and gals! Here’s the third card in the series. The challenge was to stamp on felt. The image is not quite clear with just one layer of ink so I re-stamped it. It is not that dark compared to the ones stamped on paper, but it is still visible.


I then stacked some die cuts to hold the stamped image. I felt that it was missing something with just the main embellishment. I figured another layer of cardstock and patterned paper would balance it out. (I just love layers and dimensions!)



On the other hand, I already adhered the matting on the inside of the card before deciding to round two corners of the card. Thus, the uneven corners on the inside panel. [sigh]. 

After adding the different layers of paper, felt and lace, it still felt kind of odd. Something was still lacking. I tried placing random embellishments like metal charms, buttons, resin flowers, but to no avail. I just decided on affixing pearls and then inking the edges. That was that. I ended it there.

I’m glad I finished the third one. Even though it got delayed, I’m still within my target. Woohoo! Way to go! Till the next one (coming right after this post)!

P.S. I will be giving this card to a college friend who I haven't seen for quite a long time now. I just posted a photo of it on her FB wall, but she has not commented. I don't think she saw it yet. Hmn. She might not be checking her FB as often as another person again. I hope she sees it soon. :(


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory, Prestige Board Paper Zulu Black, Biotop Color Specialty Paper Vanilla, My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Two 6x6 paper pad Sunshine, Kaisercraft 12x12 Pickled Pear Collection, lace trimming, self-adhesive pearls, googly eye, Inkadinkado Clear Stamps Inspirational Lift and  Home Sweet Home, Imaginisce Snag ‘em Acrylic Stamps Song Bird, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Color Box Cat’s Eye Queue Pigment Ink Pad Cream White, Spellbinders Nestabilities Splendid Circles, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: