Friday, February 20, 2015

CHALLENGE #11: Doll Up A Die Cut

CARD# HPJ-2015-11: Honey

Hello! Welcome to today’s post. This was supposed to be up yesterday, but we had a problem with our internet connection. Tsk. It didn’t work for several hours and after trying to ascertain that the problem lied on the ethernet cable, my browser wouldn’t let me post on tumblr. How frustrating! And I am still unenrolled! I just hope the problems would end there. Ugh.




I have yet to do challenge #9, but I managed to do the 11th and 12th. This post is about my take on the 11th challenge which was to doll up a die cut. I used diamond fold for the base and I threw in a doily, paper flowers, metal charms and pearls for the embellishment. I will give it to Demi on her birthday next month. I hope she still likes pink and purple. So that was that. The next card will be coming right up. Thanks for looking!

P.S. For you who are new to this type of card fold, this is called a diamond fold card. It is very easy to make. If you are interested to make one yourself or just curious to know how it is done, you can check out a tutorial by Beate Johns of Splitcoaststampers here. Thanks again!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bo Bunny 12x12, Elite Board Paper Brown, Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory, paper doily, paper flowers, die cut, 3D sticker, metal charms, pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Thirty-Five, Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish, Cuttlebug Machine V2, Martha Stewart Scoring Board

No comments: