Monday, August 31, 2015

DT PROJECT FOR BEE HAPPY CRAFTS: Special Day

Hi again! What I am going to share to you on this post is the last project I made for the month of August as a part of the Bee Happy Crafts DT.  It is a teeny weeny card with a mason jar embellishment.


 The card measures 4"x4".


There was an embossing folder in the package that was sent to me by BHC. It was a Darice mason jar. I only have three embossing folders in my stash, but I haven’t used them that much. When I got the item, I thought I would make a card with it. By card it meant embossing a piece of cardstock. Well, I worked with the other supplies first and came across shrink plastic. As I have said in a previous post, I am still new to this material and I haven’t done much exploring yet. It got me thinking of embossing the shrink plastic and stamping on it. The first one that I made didn’t turn out good.


 I smudged ink all over the shrink plastic!


Anyhow, I tried making another one and it look a lot better. I don’t advise using pigment ink though because it does not adhere onto the shrink plastic well. If you touch the inked part it would get smeared. What I did on my shrunk embellishment was to adhere the inked side onto the chipboard so it would stay intact.


Assembling the card was fairly quick since I just used some elements from previous projects like the card base, the die cut and the distressed circle. I just had to add the sentiment and embellishments. 


By the way, I brushed metallic acrylic paint over the elements. I love the FolkArt Pearl White Paint. The coating was very fine. It was translucent and it leaves the coated part shimmery. It is like adding glaze to your work, but this particular paint is not that overpowering. It is very light as it is. I totally love it! You may be sure to see more of it in the next projects for BHC since my theme would be 'Shabby September'. I hope you stop by again some time to catch them.

On the other hand, August will draw to a close in a couple of hours. I have some other projects that I have not posted yet which are part of the month of August. I would probably put them up this week, but they would already be under September (on the blog). [Sigh.] The Christmas season is here and my Christmas list is a bit long this year so I would also start working on my Holiday cards. Watch out for them as well.

Okay. I would really end it here. I am soooo sleepy. I need to doze of for a while before going to work later. Thanks for looking today! Have a great week!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Patterned Paper from The Stampers' Sampler Magazine, My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad Away We Go, My Mind's Eye Chipboard Embellishments, lace trimming, paper and silk flowers, self-adhesive crystals, string, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Butterflies, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Flourishes and Such, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, ColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Pigment Ink Turquoise, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint Pearl White, Ranger Heat It Craft Tool, Stanley Glue Gun, Darice Embossing Folder Mason Jar, Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Card Creator Die Tranquil Moments, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: