Tuesday, August 18, 2015

DT PROJECT FOR BEE HAPPY CRAFTS: Flutter


Hi there! I am going to share a set of mixed media cards today. They are of similar composition, but they vary in the layout.

The papers in the Studio Calico sampler pack that came in with the package are all very pretty. It has several green papers which made me think of using green and blue as the main color scheme for this project. For each card, I used a third color—purple, pink and orange. The fourth one was mainly blue.

I used several supplies from the package aside from the paper pack. These include the paper doilies, tags, embossed stickers, buttons and dies.  

Basically, the process is the same for each card. There were just slight variations here and there. I started by making the base using ivory board paper and I cut out the designer papers. I then distressed the edges of the papers except the ones that I used for the 'main background'. The papers from the pack are on the thin side so I needed to adhere them onto pieces of board paper for them to be able to hold the embellishments. Before doing so, I applied molding paste on the papers, let it dry and sprayed glimmer mist on one of them. After which I distressed the edges. I adhered the designer papers onto the base and started decorating. After affixing the embellishments, I brushed some micro pearls mixed with Modge Podge (I don't have a soft gel medium) onto the surface of the flowers. I let it dry then brushed liquid pearl over them. In some instances, I also used metallic acrylic paint to accentuate the embellishments. Also, I placed random crystals to make them more interesting. (Sorry. Can't help it. I just love adding them to my projects!)

Let us take a look at each of the cards.

1. Celebrate



The card measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". 






I layered a paper doily, which I first sprayed with glimmer mist, designer paper, die cut and stamped tag before adding in the embellishments.

2. Birthday Wishes


The card measures 4 1/2" x 5 3/4". 





The blue gear was part of a dismantled glue tape.


I stamped on some parts of the card.

3. Congratulations 



The card measures 3 3/4" x 6 1/2".  





For the sentiment, I took one of the stickers from the sticker sheet that came with the package. 




I cut some of the chipboard embellishments which I bought for cheap at the National Book Store Great Warehouse Sale in Quezon Ave. I think I will write a post about the goodies I got from there later this week. And oh, that bottle cap at the bottom was something I picked off the street when I was walking home after my shift. My sister told me that if I wanted to horde bottle caps, I should just ask our neighbor who owns a sari-sari store to give me some. It's rather fun finding little treasures in the street. Heh.

4. Celebrate We Will


The card measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".  




I stamped two butterflies on a piece of board paper and fussy cut them then I sprayed glimmer mist. I scored the wings before adhering them on top of each other. And of course I didn't forget the blings!

I had a lot of fun putting together this bunch of cards. I got to play around with my new coloring supplies and explore various techniques. I hope to share some more new projects soon. Thank you for looking today. Have a great week!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory, kraft paper, Best of Studio Calico Sampler Pack, We R Memory Keepers Embossed Stickers Antique Chic, Rouge de garance Chipboards Passiflore and Valse, tags, paper doily, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishments, paper flowers, silk rose buds, metal charms, buttons, self-adhesive crystals, bottle cap, string, micro pearls, Golden Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Art Is, ColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Pigment Ink Dune, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Butterfly, Happy Birthday Clear Stamps, Ranger Liquid Pearls Hot Cocoa, Mint Green, Peacock, Flamingo, Petal Pink and Cantaloupe, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint Blue Topaz, Modge Podge Classic Matte, Reeves Gesso, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Nougat, Bahama Blue and Cinder, My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies Doily Mini Circles, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: