Tuesday, August 25, 2015

THE GREAT NATIONAL BOOK STORE WAREHOUSE SALE 2015

Hi! How are you? I mentioned last time that I’m going to share to you the loots I got from the Great National Book Store Warehouse Sale. 


The vertical ones were P15 each while the horizontal ones were P20 each.
It was the first time for me to go to a warehouse sale of NBS. My officemate asked me if I wanted to go with her. (I went with her to the Books For Less Warehouse Sale the previous week. We both had been so disappointed with it.) It was pretty overwhelming because of the long queue when we arrived at the place in Quezon Ave. The store opens at 9AM and people already filled the surroundings of the building way before the opening hour waiting for the store to finally open its doors and let everyone in. I'll skip to when we arrived at the 'warehouse' place. I made a bee line for the supplies section. I'm a book hoarder as well, but there are more people going straight for the books so before they turn to the supplies and the guards have more people come in from downstairs, I looked through stuff that they have. I found a box of ribbons and I just kept tossing them on my basket. (When I counted before paying, they were 19.) I walked around and reached the 'Christmas' section. There were a lot of paper bags. I grabbed several kraft ones. Then I saw a box with chipboard embellishments. I got quite excited because they P30 a pack wherein originally they were P125. I remember a few years back when I would look at them longingly, but they were just too expensive for a small project. So, I bought six of them (three packs of each of the two varieties).


I found a set of oil pastels amidst a box of books. It is for my sister who likes to draw when she feels like it (which is very rare these days. Hah.)
I was expecting to see more scrapbooking stuff like embellishments and whatnot, but they only had a couple of chipboard elements and the ribbons. I guess they'll have those embellishments some time during the Christmas season. I hope Hallmark has another warehouse sale. I missed last year. TT.TT. I want lots of brads and buttons and what have you!!!

The diskettes come in 5 delicious colors—yellow, pink, blue, green and orange.
I also bought random stuff like diskettes and dry erase tabs. They might come in handy in my future projects.

As for books, I wasn't adept in locating the good ones. I only managed to get book numbers 3, 4 and 5 of Christopher Pike's Thirst series and The Fledgling Handbook 101 of P.C. Cast

                    



I forgot to mention. My sister also came. She went there directly from home so when she arrived at the location, she did not go in with us. She went for the books first. She didn't get much either except for a couple of textbooks and a set of Hardy Boys novels. 

Though it was hot and too crowded, it was a great experience. I was happy with my buys. I will definitely go there again next year, but I will be more prepared for it.

So that was that. Thank you for stopping by today. 

No comments: