Wednesday, July 1, 2015

CARD# PR-2015-11: Floral Whimsy


Hi there! I’ve been quiet for some time now and I really feel so bad for not being able to update my blogs and other SNS. I have a lot to post to catch up. You will probably get a little bit overwhelmed since I will be posting one post after the other.

For this particular post, I am writing about one of the cards that I made for Karisse which I was not able to give to her on time because I slept like a log on the day we were supposed to meet.

Anyway, I liked how this came out. I wanted to do something more with it, but I refrained myself from adding anything. It is a box card with a belly band made of stretchable lace trimming. I got crazy with my glue gun and my embellishment stash. I didn’t really think that much while putting down every embellishment on the die cut. I basically adhered one thing after the other. Hah. It still looks good though. What do you think?

How did I make it? Simple. I used one of the pages of my wrapping paper book for the base. It is not as thick as I wanted it to be, but it was still sturdy enough to hold some more die cuts for the messages.

If you are wondering exactly how I made the base, you can check out a tutorial of Beate Johns here.



Since the paper was not double sided, I cut two strips of paper from the Graphic 45 Couture Collection paper pad and adhered them onto the outer flaps of the ‘box’. I then added the belly band base.



The box card is one of my favorite card folds because I can put a lot of small cards inside for the messages and I can also make various types of belly bands to hold everything in place. Why don't you try making one now. It is fun and easy to do. 

La. I will be ending this post here. Thanks a lot for looking today! I hope you check out my other projects as well. Till the next post (which is actually coming right up. Heh.).

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Wrapping Paper Book, Graphic 45 Couture Collection 8x8 paper pad, Board Paper Buffalo Brown, American Crafts Canvas Texture Pure Chocolate, paper flowers, silk flowers, pearls, self-adhesive crystals, metal charms, lace trimming, Stanley Glue Gun, Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Card Creator Tranquil Moments, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Thirty-Five, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: