Friday, July 31, 2015

DESIGN TEAM CALL


Hi there! How have you been? I’m so sorry I haven’t updated my blog for over a week now. I got sick last week and I couldn’t report to work. Gah. It was the worst. I can’t even remember the last time I was that sick. I had fever for four days and it felt that the little energy I have gets easily sapped out. I was faint and dizzy and weak and I almost blacked out several times. [Sigh]. So there was nothing for me to do but lie down and force myself to sleep. TT.TT. One other sad thing of getting sick is that my pay for next month would get ducked A LOT! For you who don’t know,  I am still relatively new to my job (I’m on my fifth month this August) and so I still do not have leave credits. My absences in the past week would all be considered as unpaid leave. What a pain. Grrr. How on earth did I contract that disease?! I have cough and colds and flu every year, but this time it was just the cough, but darn was it so strong that I even lost a lot of weight. I now look anorexic. [Sniffles].

Sorry for such a long back story. Heh. I didn’t even get to tell you the very first part, the one which was really embarrassing. As I have mentioned earlier, I was sick last week. I went to work last Monday, but something was already off. I was cold after getting ready to leave for work. I wrapped a scarf around my upper body to help ease the cold. While waiting in line for my turn to get into the van to convey me to my work place, I was feeling weirder and weirder. I was getting chills when I reached the office compound. Though I was really feeling too cold, I managed to take in calls and do my job until my first break at 12:30AM. I went to the restroom for a bit and I came back inside to let our workforce know that I needed to go to the clinic. Once at the clinic and the nurse on duty checked my temperature, he got a bit worried because my temperature was almost 40°C. Well, that pretty much started everything. After a few minutes, he took my temperature again but it was still beyond 39°. There was no physician on duty in the evenings so he needed to bring me to the nearest hospital (Meycauayan Doctors) to be checked. It so happened that the ambulance was broken and all the shuttle service were on their separate ways conveying employees to their homes. Tsk. We had no other choice but to take up the offer of my supervisor to take his car. It turned out that our workforce, Andro, was the one who drove me to the hospital accompanied by one of our security personnel and the nurse from the clinic. I was embarrassed to have had caused colleagues to attend to me. Ach. I am just so thankful for all their help. It was a good thing I did not faint. Gad. That would have been a total disaster. 

So that was that. I've been busy getting sick so I was not able to read my e-mail when Bee Happy Crafts announced the chosen members of the Design Team. I would have been ecstatic, but I did not have the energy to whoop for joy and scream my heart out. I just contented myself with staring at the announcement for several minutes until everything sank in. WOOHOO! I GOT IN!!! Awesome! 

I am still not feeling that well yet, but I no longer have the fever. I can eat a bit more now compared to what I could take in last week so that must be something good. I am still on medication though. I have several more tablets to drink before I finish off the prescription. Anyway, I will try to catch up on my unfinished projects as well as update my blogs and other SNS and of course start planning my next project for Bee Happy.  

Okay. I have to end it here for now. I will be posting the first set of goodies I received from Bee Happy next. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend!

P.S. I don't think I posted my entry to the DT call yet. Here it is.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6vAr4Oruvo2bEJBeG1nenE4NVU/view?usp=sharing

No comments: