Monday, July 13, 2015

CARD# HPJ-2015-24: Vintage Happy Birthday


The card measures 4 1/4" x 6" when closed.


Hello! Sorry. I was supposed to post this right after the one on the center step card, but I just got so sleepy I gave up trying to edit the photos and gave in to a much needed sleep.

It's a sunny Monday and I hope that the good weather carries through the night (even just until I reach the office *fingers crossed). 

Now about the card, I made this for my friend Kim. She was the one who ordered a trishutter card a few months ago for her boyfriend's birthday. She really loved the card and wanted to keep it for herself. So I thought I would make something similar just for her. The papers I used are also from Tim Holtz, but from another paper pad. I just can't remember the name at the moment. I will get back to you on that. It was not the Wallflower one, but is was rather a combination of designs from different paper pads like Wallflower, French Revolution and a couple more. I am thinking it was called Miscellaneous,but as I've said, I am not sure about that.


Alright. The trishutter card base I used on this project was a little different from the usual one I make. This one has a whole section uncut and the middle section was scored at the bottom and the top to allow the card to close. If you have seen my previous works from years ago, there was just this one other card which had the same base. It was the one I made for my brother's girlfriend (now his ex). It looked like this:


The inside panels of the card are really blank. I mean I did not add embellishments aside from a string, a wooden embellishment and a stamped image of a bird. The paper is pretty enough that I wanted to showcase it. I just distressed the edges of the designer paper before adhering them onto the base. Afterwards, I added some texture by stenciling with gesso. 

For the front of the card, I layered a length of lace trimming and die cuts before adding the other embellishments. I affixed a couple of crystals here and there to make it more interesting. The little gems just add a sparkle and a certain liveliness to the card. I can't ever forget Beate Johns for introducing these 'blings' to me while I was trying to learn some card fold techniques from her tutorials a few years back.  


I stamped a sentiment on another die cut and adhered it to the card using foam tape. I also added metal charms.

I love how this card turned out. I hope Kim likes it. And now we reached the end of this post. I hope I can finish another project soon. Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful week! Till the next post!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED:  Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory, Tim Holtz Paper Stash 8x8 paper pad, lace trimming, ribbon, string, self-adhesive crystals, paper flowers, wooden embellishments, metal charms, plastic leaves, ColorBox Archival Dye Wicked Black, Inkadinkado Clear Stamps Inspirational Lift, Golden Gesso, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Chicken Wire Reversed, Stanley Glue Gun, Spellbinders Nestabilities Captivating Square and Fleur de Lis Square, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Framed Tags One, Cheery Lynn Design Fanciful Flourish, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: