Sunday, July 12, 2015

CARD#HPJ-2015-23: Make A Wish

 


Hi there! I hope you are doing fine. A few minutes more and it is Monday again. [sigh] I haven't done much over the weekend, but I got to finish two birthday cards. I will post the other one after this.

So, how have you been? It has been raining hard in the last couple of days and I hope this week wouldn't be that bad. It is just hard to leave for work and go back home. 

Anyway, before I tell you about the first card, I would like to let you know that I sent an entry for the Bee Happy Crafts Design Team Call. I have always wanted to be a part of a creative team, but I just didn't try applying to one before. There was Graphic 45, a company which I really love for their beautiful vintage line, but then again I didn't have much supplies aside from some 8x8 paper pads (which are quickly thinning out). The Design Team Call by a local store is a great opportunity to create more projects and share it to a wider public. One would get the chance to meet more fellow crafters and handmade fans in the local community and make several friends. As I have mentioned in my previous posts, I do not go out much. I prefer to stay at home to craft while watching a drama or read a book or just laze around. Meeting other crafters in person would be a boon.

I think they will be announcing the winners tomorrow. Today is the deadline for the entries. I sent mine last Thursday if I am not mistaken. You know how 'maarte' I am when it comes to these things. I wanted to create a flipbook and attach a PDF copy of the presentation, but I encountered some difficulties. I just submitted a PDF one which I hope did not change its appearance. It happened before when I submitted a requirement for my MA class. It took me some time to finish all the texts and graphics of my paper then I converted it to PDF. I submitted the PDF file to my professor and to my annoyance, the indensions changes as well as the positions of my images and texts. Grrr. Some parts were even cut off. Waah. It took me hours to come up with it, but darn computer it looked like I didn't do it well. Hmf.

So, going back to the Design Team Call, I hope nothing major changed when they opened it on their end. I will let you know how I fared once the results are out. Oh. Sorry. Scrap that. Perhaps the update would be a day or so late. I have to go to work. I am on night shift. I can't access my SNS in the office. I don't have the money yet to buy a new smartphone. TT.TT.

That was that about the design team call. I would now talk about the card I made earlier today. 



It is a special fold card called Center Step Card. It was fun making it. I think I will use this card fold for my Christmas cards this year. I better start making the bases soon so it would save me time measuring and cutting during the holiday frenzy.

If you would like to see how it was done, you can check out a video tutorial by ScrappinStampers on Youtube or you can also find Frances Byrne's written tutorial here.

For the panels of the card, I layered pieces of black board paper and designer paper from the Amy Tangerine Stitched 6x6 paper pad. I am not really sure if orange is the recipient's favorite color [or perhaps it was pink]. She has a preference for these colors as I had noted from her personal belongings at work. If it wasn't orange, well, what's done is done. Heh.



I adhered lengths of lace trimming on both sides of the card and tied a piece of baker's twine onto the main panel. I then affixed a die cut using foam tape and added flowers to the bottom part of the frame for more dimension. I placed some pearls on two corners to make the card more interesting. I stamped a sentiment on a circle-punched cardstock and inked the edges. I punched a little hole at the top and attached it to the twine knot with a jump ring. 


I also stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card.

It was a simple card and it was easy to make. I hope I will be able to make all my Christmas cards on time this year using this card fold. Thanks for looking today. Have a great week!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Amy Tangerine 6x6 paper pad Stitched, lace trimming, baker’s twine, paper flowers, rose buds, self-adhesive pearls, die cut, ColorBox Cat’s Eye Queue Pigment Ink Dune, clear stamp, Marvy Uchida Circle Punch, Stanley Glue Gun, foam tape

No comments: