Wednesday, July 1, 2015

CARD# HPJ-2015-20: TENT/EASEL CARD WITH DRAWER









Hello guys! Here is something I made by combining two main card techniques—a tent slash easel card. To tell you honestly, it does look pretty but then it is a bit hard to pack since the bottom of the card is attached to the drawer part. It couldn’t be folded forward. If I made everything even then it could probably be fold backwards. Anyway, I still feel good about this card.

Again, if you haven’t seen the Christmas tent cards I made last year where I put a link to a tutorial by Beate Johns of Splitcoaststampers, you can find it here.





As for the drawer, I referred to this very helpful tutorial on Youtube by DigitalDelights. It is easy to follow. I just love how useful it is. I think I stumbled upon it about two years or so ago when I wanted to make a card with something to hold chocolates in. I am so thankful to all those who make the effort to show how things are done. I learn a lot from them. You are all so awesome!


For the front of the card, I decorated it with a couple of paper flowers, crystals and beads. The papers were already pretty as they are so I need not to put more embellishments to it.

This project was just brought about by some random thought. I may try another technique some other time. 

So that was that. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you check out my previous projects as well as my newer ones. Have a wonderful day!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Graphic 45 8x8 paper pad Typography Collection, paper flowers, beads, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishments, self-adhesive crystals, brads, Hany chocnut, ColorBox Cat’s Eye Queue Pigment Ink Black, Stanley Glue Gun, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Thirty-Five, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: