Tuesday, May 26, 2015

ALTERED BOX#3









I haven’t done much crafting lately and I really missed getting my hands dirty with ink, paint and gesso. I have been thinking of altering one of my plain kraft boxes for ages, but I just don’t seem to find time to do it. I always get sleepy when I get home. On weekends I can’t move. I mean it literally. It is so hot that I can feel my energy getting sapped by the extreme heat that I can no longer function like a normal human being. Gah. I just get so sleepy I can’t help myself. It was a good thing I didn’t have work last night and then it rained. The temperature became a bit better and it was perfect to catch up on my crafting. If you haven’t seen my previous post, go check it out or just click here. I made a wallet fold mini while waiting for the paint on my box to dry. Though it took me some time to finish both projects, I had a great time working on them. I missed my tools and supplies so much. If only I could have a longer break. TT.TT.







Okay. So this altered box is quite simple. I didn’t add any fufus since I am going to stack other boxes on top of it. I’ll make more altering next time when I have the time to work on my Pik-Nik canisters. It would surely be fun!
What I did was paint the inside of the box and the outer bottom with black acrylic paint. I did the same with the inside part of the lid. I just brushed some paint on the edges where the space could peek through the paper. After drying everything, I adhered two strips of inked pretty paper (from the Tim Holtz Paper Stash Menagerie). I cut a 5-inch circle from another paper and covered the top of the lid with it. I then affixed a length of lace trimming on around the side of the lid to make it interesting. And that was that. If I ever decide to add more stuff to the box, I will upload the photos on this same post.
So that was that. I can put some of my accessories inside this box and alter some more boxes to make them awesome. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great week!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Kraft round box, Tim Holtz Paper Stash 8x8 paper pad Menagerie, lace trimming, ColorBox Cat’s Eye Queue Pigment Ink Black, Martha Stewart Circle Cutter, Tiger Glue Gun

No comments: