Monday, May 18, 2015

CARD# PR-2015-10: Bon Voyage!


Hi there! It has been a long time since my last post. I will really try to write more often after I finish all the things that need to be done. I am still working on an invitation suite and very soon I will be working on the decorations of a wedding reception for another friend. Gah. I will be busier in the coming weeks.

Anyway, here is a card I made earlier. I haven’t gotten any sleep yet before going to work tonight, but I needed to write about it. If not, I would pretty much not do anything about it for a week or so. It is better to post it now while my mind is at it.




This project is a going away card for one of the Italian visiting professors in my university. I haven’t met her personally, but my friend and housemate asked me to make a card for her since she will be returning to Italy soon.

It is actually a great timing because I recently bought a Graphic 45 Come Away With Me 8x8 paper pad which was perfect for the theme. It was such a great thing that there was a part of one of the pages that has Italia on it. I made it as the focal point of the front of the card.



I cut a strip of the designer paper and adhered lace trimmings over and under it. I added the 'Italia' card with foam tape afterwards. To make it more interesting, I placed metal charms and crystals. By the way, I hand-sewed the edges of the background paper before distressing and inking it.





I made a pocket inside the card to hold small tags for the messages. I just stamped some images on all of them and inked the edges with the same color as the one I used on the outside of the card. I snipped another image from the paper pad to decorate the pocket.



And that was that. I didn't really time it, but I believe I made the card in under 2 hours. Woohoo! I don't know. It didn't take me long to decide on how to do it. I just knew right off the bat. Haha. Perhaps my system just missed creating things. I haven't showed it to Tengki yet, but I hope she likes it and of course I so hope that the recipient would love it. 

If I finish the invitations this week (I really must) , I will post the photos and let's hear what you think about them.

Thank you for bearing with me and for stopping by today. Till next time. Have a great week!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory 170gsm and 270gsm, Graphic 45 8x8 paper pad Come Away With Me Collection, hole reinforcer, metal charms, self-adhesive crystals, ColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Pigment Ink Chestnut, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Film Strip, Edges, Grid and Tiny Triangles, needle and thread, lace trimming, foam tape

No comments: