Monday, March 23, 2015

CARD# HPJ-2015-17: Kryss

Hi there! How are you? I hope you're doing fine. What I am going to share this time is another recessed frame card. I actually haven't posted the photos of this particular card in my other SNS accounts (except for a little sneak peek on IG) since I would be giving this as a gift for a friend and former colleague on the 24th. It is too early for her to see it. Let's not spoil the element of surprise. Heh. It is safe here. I know for certain that she does not read blogs that much.

I've done two cards with this technique so far (and this is the third). I haven't given her any birthday cards since the first year I met her (almost four years ago) and I thought this time I should give her something really extra special. She asked for a turquoise card, but I told her it would be a bit hard for me for I only have limited supplies with this color. It is close to nothing. Anyway, I just decided to go with a blue and green color palette.


I remember one of the designs in the Graphic 45 Couture Collection that has peacock feathers all over the page so I went ahead and checked to see if I still have some left. There's still one whole page! Yay! With the thought that this card should be super special, I wanted to make an interactive card or a fancy fold card. At first I thought of making an easel card which she can display on her desk in the office (She will likely do so. If not in the office then somewhere in their house.) Anyway, while I was prepping the supplies needed last night, I kind of changed my mind. Instead of an easel card, why not a square recessed frame card? It would be doubly fun and will sit perfectly on a desk. So a frame card it is! 

If you haven't seen my two previous projects using this technique, here are some snippets. Just click on the links in the captions to go to the original post.



This was a commissioned Christmas card. The details can be found here.


This second project has a recessed frame front and the inside is a popup book. Hop on over to my old blog for more photos.

Alright. Now that you've seen the other projects, let's move on to the newest one. As I have said, the color palette is blue and green so the elements I used are of these colors.

The card measures  5 1/4" x 1/2" x 5 1/4".



For the front of the card, I used some cutouts from the paper collection and adhered them onto the frame with foam tape. I added several types of flowers and then some beads and buttons. It still felt something was lacking after adding all those embellishments. I looked at the upper part and saw this much space which could be filled with the recipient's name. Well, I wanted to use 'ANDREA', but apparently I only have one A in my stash. So, I just used her other name 'KRYSS'. But then again it still felt incomplete even after adding the name. I thought perhaps some bling would add more interest and it did. Awesome! Now the frame was complete!





As for the inside of the card, I only placed a distressed piece of designer paper, the same one I used for the die cuts. I'll just write a short message in there and then give it to her when I have the chance.

I am loving this technique. I think I can use this again for an anniversary card. Hmn. I can suggest this to a friend who is looking for something to give her parents for their wedding anniversary. We can just put a picture of them together. Nice. I will keep you posted.

That was another great project and I'm pretty sure Ate Andrea would love it. Watch out for the next post--another boxed trishutter card! Thank you for looking!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Graphic 45 8x8 paper pad Couture and Typography Collections, paper flowers, wooden flower, brad, buttons, beads, self-adhesive crystals, metal charms, Stanley Glue Gun, ColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Pigment Ink Turquoise, Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: