Saturday, March 14, 2015

CARD# PR-2015-08: Nikki




Hello everyone! Here’s another card for Karisse. It is a square card with a matching box. It measures approximately 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".

It is something floral again and it has a lot of crystals like some of my previous projects, but it is still somewhat different from what I have done in the past. Do you know what makes it so?

If you ask me, it is some sort of fusion of at least four of my card styles. That includes the gessoed paper flowers and beads for embellishment, molding paste for the background, the white neat card base which I usually use for CAS cards and the abundance of crystals. I haven’t even put in the box which I often make to hold my mixed media square cards.


In this particular card, I added micro beads (the teeny weeny sweet little pearls) to the molding paste before applying it on the stencil. I have these little jars of micro pearls from one of my shopping sprees at The Landmark last year. They were actually for the nails, but I thought I could use them on my projects. I am so glad I bought them because I am seeing a lot of mixed media art journal pages using these beads which I bet cost much more than what I paid for the ones I got at a department store’s cosmetics section. Yay! I’m thinking of getting some more when my finances get stable (in two months?). I think it is safe to say here that I am getting a new job and I look forward to my new workplace. Gah. I missed going to work. I missed the hustle and bustle of a busy workplace. I missed chatting with my colleagues and having potlucks every so often. I hope I would be able to make friends with my new colleagues and share my passion for papercrafts. [Sigh.] I will most probably post something about my new job so keep coming back here. Hehe.




Now back to the card, I said that is a fusion of my different card styles. I originally intended to use watercolor on the background, but I kind of messed it up so I decided to just leave the watercolor and spraying part. Perhaps it would (and I would) get better when I have the right supplies. I have my eyes on some bottles of Tattered Angels mists. Gad. I have a lot to save up for. Excuse the side comment. I’ve gone astray of the topic again. Anyway, I didn't use any paint on the background, but just gave it life by adhering several crystals (two shades of pink and silver). I am just thinking that I should have used the pink eyelet lace trim instead of the white one to accentuate the stenciled image even more. But all in all, it seems rather fine. I like it! I hope the recipient will also like it. Fingers crossed.

What else can I say? Hmn. Oh. By the way, I ran out of foam tape so I used some chipboard scraps. It just got a bit bumpy in some parts because of the dried hot glue, but thankfully the card still looked nice.



As for the box, it is also mostly white. I only added some flowers and crystals to accentuate the white frame with the Bible verse Karisse asked me to include in the project.




So what do you think of this card and box set? It was rather fun experimenting with supplies and layout. Perhaps I will make another one like this in the near future, but it would be rectangular. Ooh. I know! The accent should be purple! I haven’t done much project with this color. My purple (violet, lavender, etc) stash is still plenty. Awesome!

Alright. So that was that. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a great weekend!



MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Two 6x6 paper pad Blush, paper flowers, silk flowers, beads, self-adhesive crystals, paper leaf, lace trimmings, rickrack, The Crafter’s Workshop Stencil Mini Brocade, Golden Molding Paste, pink micro beads, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, alpha rubber stamps, HP DeskJet Printer, printed text, Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites Frames, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Twenty-Five, Cuttlebug Machine V2 

No comments: