Sunday, July 31, 2016

CANVAS# HPJ-2016-01: Happiness

Hello! I am so sorry I am bombarding my blog with late posts. Heh. Now is the right time to post them since my internet connection had been steady for two hours now. Woohoo! I am just so frustrated every time I try to update my SNS. It takes forever to upload anything. Ugh.

So, how are you? I haven't made anything much for the past few weeks and I don't feel good about it. I need to get my artsy fartsy groove back on and work on something, a canvas, before I get mad thinking of layouts and color schemes and what not but not actually applying them in real life. Ach. 

Two weeks ago, I couldn't let go of this thought, of using purple and blue and green for a mixed media project. I still have one canvas left but I wanted something rectangular, not a square. I went to Deovir to buy two 8"x10" canvases and a purple acrylic paint. I started on the canvas in the wee hours of the morning. Since I don't have any photos of myself or of recent group shots printed, I used one of the post cards that I bought at Landmark in one of my shopping sprees ages ago. It might not have turned out to be what I originally pictured out, but I'm happy with it just the same. I want to work on the other canvas soon. Without further ado, here is what it looks like.

 I employed the techniques I learned from Elena Morgun. The process is similar with my Remember canvas from last August. 


I coated the canvas with gesso first (even though it is already primed). I mixed a part of Liquid Pearls (Peacock) with gesso and applied the mixture on the canvas. I did the same with the purple metallic acrylic paint.  I then sponged some distress ink all over the canvas and inked the edges with Black Soot. I did some stenciling with molding paste for the bricks.


I adhered the post card into the canvas and added the embellishments one after the other. I stamped on the canvas and brushed micro pearls in some areas. I glazed the paper flowers with acrylic paint and affixed the crystals for the final touch.


I wanted to add bigger metal charms, but realized that I was only able to buy small ones from my last trip to Villalobos St. [Sigh.] I wish I went to the other shops and looked for them. Well, next time I'll definitely get a horde of them!
 The picture on the post card included several delicious colors. Aside from purple, blue and green, I also made use of orange and pink elements to make the canvas more interesting.
So how did you find this project? I hope you liked it as much as I do. It screams 'HAPPINESS', like when I craft and make pretty little things. I always lose myself into my work. The fulfillment I get during the process and after is just overwhelming. I just want to soar up high and share what I have made. I wish to make more soon. Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Conda Stretched Canvas 8"x10", Postcard, Rosie's Studio Sticker Quotes, Eno Greeting Wooden and Resin Embellishments, paper flowers, metal charms, self-adhesive crystals, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity, Heidi Swapp Mixed Media Clear Stamps Script, Ranger Archival Ink, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Bricks, Golden Molding Paste, Pebeo Gesso, FolkArt Metallic Paint Amthyst, Pearl White and Blue Topaz, Ranger Distress Ink Black Soot and Bundled Sage, Ranger Liquid Pearls Peacock, Mod Podge Matte, micro pearls

No comments: