Sunday, July 31, 2016

CARD# HPJ-2016-17: Sorry Kely

Hi again! This will be my last post for today. If I will finish the card and a journal page later today, you might see them posted tomorrow (if the internet connection allows. Hmf.)

A friend asked me to make an apology card. I am so curious as to what she did to ask for something like this. Up until now, I still haven't heard the story behind. Anyway, she doesn't need to tell me. I'm just so curious I am turning nosy. Hah.

What she wanted for the look was not something like this. She actually wanted something similar with one of the cards I made in the past which was a Christmas card. Hmn. I told her I am going to make something else. Something with a white base. Something clean and simple. It was for a guy and it was to say sorry for whatever she did to the person. My mind just could not let go of the idea of this card so I insisted. Here is what I came up with.


I cut out a thought bubble and wrote the sentiment on it and added a tiny wooden heart which I painted with metallic acrylic paint.


I stamped an owl onto a white board paper and adhered it on the card with a piece of chipboard at the back. I put two strips of decorative tape at the bottom of the card.


I made a pocket inside the card to hold the cardstocks for the message. My friend said she needs a lot of space to write on. The top of the pocket was punched using a Martha Stewart Edge Punch. I stamped a sentiment on the pocket as well.



Here is what the inside looks like without the loose cardstock.



I stamped on the cardstocks so they would not look too plain.





That was the apology card that I made last week. I hope I don't make something grave that would make me feel sorry towards someone in the next few days, months or even years to come. I just feel so awkward and withdrawn when I do something wrong. Anyway, I'll be cleaning up my side of the room today and work on my pending projects. I hope it won't rain today. I mean it can rain, but not during the day, pretty please. The sky can pour it's heart out in the evening. I have to do a lot of things today. Till next time!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White 160 gsm and 270 gsm, Best of Studio Calico 12"x12 paper pad, Amy Tangerine 6"x6" paper pad Stitched, Multicrafts Clear Stamps Owl Medley, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Sentiments, Rosie's Studio Clear Stamps Daydreamer and Into the Woods, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black and Aquamarine, Faber-Castell Multimark Permanent Pen F, Rosie's Studio Wood Veneer, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint Blue Topaz, decorative tape, Martha Stewart Edge Punch Doily Lace

No comments: