Monday, August 8, 2016

CARD# HPJ-2016-18: Happy Birthday

Hello! Here's a trishutter card that I made for Sam's best friend. If you're wondering who Sam is, she's my colleague's daughter. She asked her mom to find a gift for her best friend's birthday (which was last Friday) and her mom thought of me. She told Sam that I make pretty cards and I can definitely make one for her. She showed her some of my work (I don't know which ones) and she said she liked them. When she asked me about it, I obliged of course. It feels great to find that people appreciate what I do and it's exhilarating to know that they think of me on this type of occasion. I'm so thankful for having such supportive friends! 

Anyway, enough of the background story. Let's look at the card. It rained on the day that I finished the card so I was not able to take photos of it outdoors. I took snaps of it at work before handing it over to Ate Liz. So, excuse the poor quality of the photos.

It measures 4 1/4" x 6" when closed.



Just as I always say when I post a trishutter card, I just love this special fold card! I don't get tired of it. It displays the pretty designer papers well and I can make a lot of stuff on the different panels. Well, I only made the decorations minimal on this card. I focused the embellishments on the front of the card. The inside (center part) would be for Sam's message. I wanted to make it easier for her to write on it. Besides, the papers are all so pretty already they don't need that much embellishing.


So that was that. Thanks for looking today! Have a great week!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Amy Tangerine 6"x6" paper pad Stitched, American Crafts 6"x6" paper pad Dear Lizzy, Heidi Swapp 6"x6" paper pad Mixed Media, chipboard embellishments, tag, paper doily, paper flowers, pearls, string, metal charms, Golden Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workship Stencils Mini Tile Texture, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Olive Green and Bahama Blue, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps True Friend, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Sentiments, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint Pearl White

No comments: