Monday, August 15, 2016

ART JOURNAL PAGE #1: Dreamer

I have kept journals for years--until college that is. I would write anything under the sun. Even on an ordinary day, I would still have something to write about. It may be a little thing I did or how boring and routinary the day was. Sometimes I would rant how unfair the universe is or how difficult a person is. I go on and on until I get to go past some baggage. 

Another thing I love (which I have abandoned for over a year now or is it more than two years already?) is reading books especially classic novels. I would take note of quotes that have caught my eye as I read through the pages and write what I feel and think about them on my journal. I would include a character map of the story and while I'm at it, I would also make a list of the characters with a short description of each. Man, how I miss doing this. 

I remember reading Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre twice and associating myself with the heroine. I had that special connection with the lead character in that I, too, am plain and vain at times. We share similarities in perspectives and complaints about life in general. Through her eyes, I get to see myself more.

I start several journals but I could never stick with one for long ever since I became a slave of the corporate world. I would discontinue after a few entries. I would miss a day, a day would turn into a week and then a month and that would be the end of it. I just put my pretty notebooks into waste because of slacking. 

It is almost the end of the year, but I thought it is not yet too late to begin an art journal. I need to express myself more and get rid of the stress of daily life. I'll try hard to commit myself to finish at least a page each week and at the same time write something or anything everyday. I must get back to journaling! It feels like I haven't looked at myself deeper in the past few months (and years!)--who am I at this moment, who was I yesterday, who will I be tomorrow. The long absence of journaling feels like I abandoned a way of finding and revealing my true self. It is time to continue the discovery, of recovering pieces of myself.

I have made five pages so far since the other week. I'll be posting them one by one. Here's the first page.

IMAGINE. ESCAPE. DISCOVER.






MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Black and white photo, Rosie's Studio Sticker Book of Phrases, paper tape, Graphic 45 Staples Flowers, Eno Greeting 3D Stickers, metal charms, buttons, diecuts, lace trimmings, cotton tapes, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Wanderlust, Film Edges, Edges and Boutique, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity and Checkered, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Dreamer, MultiCraft Clear Stamps Let's Travel, Heidi Swapp Clear Stamps Mixed Media, rubber stamps, Golden Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Brocade and Tile Texture,  Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Ranger Distress Ink Mini Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Jack O'Lantern and Butterscotch

No comments: