Monday, August 29, 2016

CARD# HPJ-2016-20: Extraordinary

Hi again! Here's the card I mentioned in the previous post. I just made it simple. I hope you like it.


I made the envelope using a page of patterned paper. I thought I still had those long white envelopes in my stash, but when I rummaged through the trays, I couldn't find any. I just had to make one from scratch.



This is a tall card that folds on the side. I usually have a struggle in making masculine cards and I didn't know what to make for Boss Kiko. He is one extraordinary cool guy. That I know, but it's hard to think of a design befitting his personality. It should be simple as Donna and I have agreed upon. I don't have much supplies for masculine cards, but I have lots of black and white paper! Ha! And there's my set of owl clear stamps. So I set off thinking of making a card along with these supplies and this is how it turned out. I love the owl and the triangles in the background! What do you think of it? I hope you'll say it's really pretty or it's awesome. Heh.


I stamped the owl onto the card base and stamped another one on a cardstock. I cut the image out and adhered it over the stamped image on the card with a chipboard at the back to add dimension. I took one of the printed sentiments from my stash and affixed it onto the card as well. I also added crystals to complete the set.


I adhered patterned paper on the inside of the card. The paper is from the paper pad that I bought from Wellmanson's when Donna and I went there last month (or was it last June?). 


I made one huge mistake on this card. I adhered a length of cotton tape on the inside of the card to hold the messages, but the cardstock would not fit onto the cotton tape. I tried to loosen it a bit, but the left part ripped off. Oops. 

This was one of the easy and fast cards to make. I had fun making it. I just can't get enough of the paper pads I bought recently. They are just too pretty! I hope I find more of them the next time I go to Wellmanson's.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Eno Greeting 12"x12" paper pad Floral, Recollections 12"x12 paper pad Blackjack, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Triangles, MultiCraft Clear Stamps Owl Medley, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, printed text, self-adhesive crystals

No comments: