Monday, August 29, 2016

CARD# HPJ-2016-19: Explore

Hello! It has been raining hard everyday for over a week now so I had to take photos of my recent projects indoors. Hmf. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.

I made this mixed media card for Vina, a friend who left our company several weeks ago. It's not a farewell card but rather a best wishes card because we will surely still be able to meet her outside of work. She loves to travel and we ask her to include us in her tipid trips. We just spent the weekend with her at another friend's farm. We certainly had a great time amidst the torrential rain.

Anyway, here's the card. It didn't turn out like what I originally imagined, but it still looks good. I was supposed to put a picture of her (from when we went to the Tall Heritage Village last April), but I was just too lazy to have the picture printed so I just came up with this. I hope you like it.


I distressed the papers before adhering them onto the card base. The steps I took in making this card are similar with how I make my canvases. There's just a slight difference on this one since I used glimmer mist to add color to the resin frame and I splattered some on the background.

I used one of the cute pin buttons that I bought from Papemelroti to embellish the front of the card.



I also adhered designer papers on the inside of the card. I made a pocket to hold the cardstocks for the messages. I punched the edge with a Martha Stewart Edge Punch to add more flair to it. I didn't notice that I have not taken a photo with the cardstocks on. Hmf. 

Anyway, I know you have an idea how it looks like with the cardstocks. I placed the completed card inside a Papemelroti box with a mini notebook and key chain from the same store.

Check my next post if you have some more time. It's a card for another colleague who will be moving on to another post.

Thanks for looking today! Have a great week!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory, Prestige Board Paper Zulu Black, Eno Greeting 12"x12" paper pad Retro Series, Rosie's Studio Sticker Book of Phrases, paper flowers, metal charms, Eno Greeting Resin Embellishment, Papemelroti Pin Button, Golden Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Bricks, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity, Mod Podge Matte, micro pearls, Pebeo Gesso, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Olive Green and Cinder

No comments: