Sunday, July 31, 2016

CARD# HPJ-2016-14: Take Wing

Hi! My internet is still as crappy as ever, but at least I could upload some photos right now.

I think I've said in my earlier post that I'll be showing my recent box cards next. I made three box cards for my colleagues who celebrated their birthdays this month. Here is the first one. This was for Jeff.
It is always a challenge for me to make masculine cards. This was not what I originally started with. I made a mess on the first one. I didn't quite like it so it was junked. I thought of another way to make it. Voila! My fascination for steampunk and the sight of one of my overused clear stamps prompted me to the right direction. Here is what I came up with. I rummaged through my box of ever growing number of clear stamps to look for my Kaisercraft Diamonds Clear Stamp and my Multicraft Vintage Tool set and stamped away!


 I inked the surface of the diecut after stamping the images and worked on the hot air balloon. Like what I usually do, I stamped the image on piece of patterned paper (left over from some previous project) and adhered metal wings and crystals to make it more interesting. I love dimension so I adhered a piece of chipboard at the back of the image before affixing it onto the diecut. I added the sentiments and then the jump rings and spacers. I just love how it turned out! I wanted to keep it for myself, but oh well, I must give it to the birthday boy. I don't really know of he liked it, but I feel that he appreciated it. That's the good thing.
 This is what the card looks like, the box still closed and the belly band removed.

I made several die cuts for the messages. It was a little difficult to do so since my Cuttlebug is acting up. It's hard to turn the crank again. Anyway, I was still able to cut fine after exhausting a lot of energy. Haha. The hardship is nothing when I looked at the finished project. I'm so happy with it. 

I have decided to make box cards for the birthday celebrants for the remaining part of the year. It would be more consistent given the fact that it's for the team. Yay! The next celebration will be on September and I would need to make another set of three. I am thrilled since I already have an idea on what to make for the two ladies. It would be so much fun! As for the gentleman, I think he would like anything. Yehey for that!

The post ends here. Please do check out the next one for the second box card. Thanks for looking!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Best of Studio Calico 12"x12" paper pad, Graphic 45 12"x12" Steampunk Debutante Collection Eclectic Emporium and Mechanical Mind, Tim Holtz Paper Stash 12"x12" French Industrial Revolution, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Diamonds, Multicrafts Clear Stamps Vintage Tools, Inkadinkado Clear Stamps Inspirational Lift, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Ranger Distress Ink Mini Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot, metal charms, jump rings, Martha Stewart Edge Punch Daisy, Spellbinders Dies Nestabilities Labels 35, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: