Monday, December 28, 2015

DT PROJECT FOR BEE HAPPY CRAFTS: Countdown to Christmas

Hello again! I've been quite busy these past few weeks that I was not able to update my blog nor my other SNS accounts. This project was for the month of October. I still have several projects to be posted after this for the previous months. I hope that you check them out as well.








I  did this ages ago, but I only had the time to post it now. I still have a bunch of burlap stack from September and I wanted to alter another canvas. In order to fit with the theme for October, I made it a home decor--a sort of countdown to Christmas. I used one of the papers from Tim Holtz Menagerie Paper Stash with a pretty bird on it which is redolent of the previous month's main 'object'. 


Then I added a piece of chalkboard stack where I could write the number of remaining days before Christmas. 



I really love how it turned out. The steps in making it are really simple. I covered the canvas with burlap. I used hot glue to adhere it onto the canvas. I stenciled on the frame. I added the designer paper to cover the center of the frame. I then affixed the embellishments. I punched a hole on a diecut out of a piece of chalkboard stack and attached a hook to it so it could hang onto the flourish. 


That was that. It was an easy and fast project to make. Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you check out my next posts as well. Have a great week!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Conda 8"x10" canvas, DCWV Burlap Stack 12"x12", DCWV Chalkboard Stack 12"x12", Tim Holtz Paper Stash 8"x8" Menagerie, paper flowers, Rouge de garance Chipboard Elements Valse and Passiflore, stamens, metal numbers, Prima Marketing Stencils 12"x12" Harlequin, The Crafter's Workshop Stencils Mini Art Is, Golden Molding Paste, Stanley Glue Gun, Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur de Lis Squares, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: