Monday, December 28, 2015

DT PROJECT FOR BEE HAPPY CRAFTS: Christmas Tags

Hello! I've made a set of Christmas tags using the journaling cards that came in the package.

If you look at the back, there is enough space to write some message for the recipient.

I was inspired by Elena Morgun's Tags Tutorial. I love the layering and the use of gel mediums! The ones that she made in the tutorial were nautical. 



Mine are supposed to be for Christmas so I used some scraps from my other projects and some embellishments from my stash to make the tags Christmas-y. Here is what I came up with.


I cut tags out of the journaling cards and punched the holes where the twines would go in. To make one tag, I adhered two of the cut journaling cards. The front part has the pattern while the back part has the lines for writing the message.

Just like what Elena did, I layered several bits of scrap paper, die cuts, stickers, charms and what-not. I just went crazy with it. I brushed the surface with glass bead gel medium and I also added gold micro pearls on some areas to make them interesting.



This is what the back of the tags look like.











I enjoyed making these tags. I may make some more in the future. I hope you like them. Thank you for looking! Have a wonderful day.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Greyson Journaling Cards, Moods Board Paper Storm Grey, Pink Paisley 6x6 paper pad Snow Village, Echo Park 6x6 paper pad Reflections, rubber stamps, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Golden Glass Bead Gel, Golden Soft Gel Gloss, gold micro pearls, metal charms, baker's twine, pompom ribbon, lace trimming, Sizzix Dies Love Gears, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: