Monday, December 28, 2015

DT PROJECT FOR BEE HAPPY CRAFTS: Holiday Treat Boxes

Hello! One of my favorite holiday craft projects is the 2-5-7-10 treat box which I learned from Beate Johns of Splitcoaststampers some time ago. I have made a lot of these over the years, but the ones for this year are a bit more special. It is a DT project I made for BHC and it was in line with my theme Chalkboard Christmas. Basically, the base is black and it has a chalkboard element to it.
You can find Beate's tutorial here.

I punched the edge of the flap of the treat box with Martha Stewart's Edge Punch Floral Lace. This puncher is really pretty.

I threaded a length of gold ribbon which a friend gave me to close the treat box.

Whenever my friends and colleagues buy cakes with ribbons or receive gifts with ribbons, they would always give me the ribbons to me. They know that I horde all kinds of things for my craft projects. Hehe.

 
There is nothing much going on on the treat boxes. I did not put my usual embellishments. Instead, I stamped on some diecuts and smudged the diecuts with soft pastel to make the chalkboard look and adhered them on the front of the boxes. That just completed the box. 







I forgot to singe the tips of the ribbon before taking the photos. If you want to make them and you are planning to use silk ribbon like I did here, don't forget to singe the edges because they would eventually unravel. You don't want all the ribbon to disappear.


When you are done with the boxes, you can put chocolates and small gifts inside. I am going to use these treat boxes to hold several Nestle chocolates and mini notebooks for my friends at my previous job. I hope they like them. See you next time! Thank you for stopping by.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Prestige Board Paper Zulu Black, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Pink Paisley 6"x6" paper pad Merry & Bright and Snow Village, silk ribobn, clear stamp, Tsukineko Brilliance Pigment Ink Pad Moonlight White, Gallery Soft Pastel White, ticket punch, foam tape, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Thirty-Five, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: