Monday, December 28, 2015

DT PROJECT FOR BEE HAPPY CRAFTS: Card With Box (or Box Card)

Hello! Here is another one of my favorite projects for special occasions. It is a card with a box inside which could hold chocolates, notes and what-not for the recipient. I learned to make this from Arlene Cuevas. I stumbled upon her Youtube channel My Butterfly Kisses a few years ago and saw this tutorial she made for Graphic 45. She called it a card with box. If you are interested, you can find the tutorial here and you can find the walkthrough of the finished project here.

Here is what I came up with for the DT.



I used papers from the Echo Park reflections 6"x6" paper pad for the background and embellished the front of the card with Graphic 45 flowers, gears metal charms, brads and beads. I cut a small tag from a piece of chalkboard paper and wrote 'JOY' on it.
I made a window on the lid of the box using Spellbinders circle dies and acetate. Sorry for the unevenness. I miscalculated where the holes would be. 
Stuff the box with sweet treats like these Kit Kat Rubies. Delicious!
This is the back of the card. Remember my paper bag minis? I adapted the closure for the minis here. I really don't like tucking the ribbon underneath the patterned paper because I usually forget to do it before adhering the patterned paper onto the base. I would always need to pry the paper away so I can insert the ribbon. Bah. With this closure technique that I learned from Cathy McGrath, the card becomes even prettier with the added filigree and I don't get annoyed with the mistake of adhering the paper before putting in the ribbon. Yay!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, DCWV Chalkboard Stack, Echo Park 6"x6" paper pad Reflections, Pink Paisley 6"x6" paper pad Snow Village, Tim Holtz Paper Stash 12"x12" French Industrial Revolution, acetate, Beauty Premium Pigment Ink Pad Black, Graphic 45 flowers, gears, beads, stamens, metal charms, brads, silk ribbon, Eno Greeting 3D Stickers, chipboard sticker, Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils White, ticket punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities Pierced Circle Dies, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: