Monday, November 14, 2016

CARD# HPJ-2016-29: Green Birthday

Hi! This one here is a simple mixed media card. The embellishments are minimal yet there is still some texture and dimension that make it interesting. I made it for a colleague's mom. I was told that she liked it. I'm glad she did. Here it is.
The card measures 4 1/2"x5 3/4".

I can't remember exactly how much time I spent on this card, but it was really short. I used light molding paste to stencil onto the background of the card. I then distressed the edges of the papers. I adhered them onto the base afterwhich I added the embellishments. I glazed the surfaces of the embellishments with metallic acrylic paint. I stamped some text onto the background as well. I stamped the sentiment onto a black board paper and affixed it onto the card. I added a crystal as a finishing touch.

This is what the inside looks like. I adhered a piece of patterned paper whose edges I also distressed. 

I still have several projects in progress. I don't know when I'll be able to finish them. I'm super busy these days. But I'll put them up once done. 

Thanks for looking! I hope you have a great week!



MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory, Prestige Board Paper Zulu Black, Eno Greeting 12"x12" paper pad Retro Series, Eno Greeting 3D Stickers, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishments, paper flowers, self-adhesive crystal, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint Pearl White, Golden Light Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Tile Texture, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity, StazOn Midi Ink Cloudy Sky, Stanley Glue Gun, Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue

No comments: