Monday, November 14, 2016

CANVAS# HPJ-2016-04: Explore

Hi there! Here is the canvas that I worked on a couple of weeks ago. Gad. I don't know what happened. It was supposed to be in tones of purple, but it turned out like this. I think I've messed it up. The photos don't quite reflect what it looks like in reality, but oh well. At least you will have an idea.
 I covered the canvas with distress ink (Dusty Concord).  I then stenciled with light molding paste and stamped around the stenciled brocade. I splattered glimmer mist onto the top of the canvas and let the ink flow down to the bottom of the canvas. I think this has started making the canvas go awry. When the ink dried, it looked ghastly. So, I took out my bronze and copper acrylic paints and dabbed some of them here and there. I stamped some more. Gah. The metallic paint made it even weirder. Well, there was no turning back so I did what I could. I even thought of throwing it out, but at some point it looked quite nice. It depends on which way you look at it. I  might as well just keep it. 

After everything dried, I adhered the pin button at the middle of the stenciled brocade and added the wooden wings. There reallys is something amiss to this canvas. Hmf. 

 

So that was that. This canvas is the weirdest yet. I wish you could see the actual project so you would have a better understanding of what I am saying. It really was not captured in the photos. 

What do you think of it?



MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Conda 12"x12" Canvas, Pebeo Gesso, Ranger Distress Ink Mini Dusty Concord, Peacock Feather and Black Soot, Golden Light Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencils Mini Tile Texture and Mini Brocade, Heidi Swapp Mixed Media Clear Stamps Script, StazOn Midi Ink Gothic Purple, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Bahama Blue, Reeves Acrylic Pain Bronze and Copper, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishments, Papemelroti Pin Button, Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue, Stanley Glue Gun

No comments: