Friday, September 11, 2015

DT PROJECT FOR BEE HAPPY CRAFTS: Odds and Ends



Hi again! I am going to share to you the first DT Project that I made for BHC for the month of September. I made it last week, but I just didn't had the time to post it. So, here it goes.


It is a little journal composed of journaling cards and post cards which came from the package. I just love the Project Life Odds and Ends journaling cards. They are perfect for the project! 

I was inspired by all the various junk journals I was seeing online especially the ones made by Michelle Mooney. (Check out her awesome creations on her Youtube Channel The Paper Addiction.) I have always kept a diary since I was in grade school, but I have not been diligent enough in the past few years. It is high time for me to pick up journaling again. It has been too long since I completed one thin notebook. I should do it more often starting now. I could make a collection of handmade journals. Woohoo!



Anyway, before I ramble on to a different topic, let me tell you how I put together this easy peasy journal. First, I gathered the journaling cards, post cards, mini envelopes as well as the board for the cover. I punched two holes on each one and added reinforcements. I set them aside afterwards then worked on the cover. Like what I have done on the cover of the mini I made last month, I stamped on a sheet of tissuestock and sprayed it with glimmer mist. When it dried, I cut it into the desired size and adhered it onto the board. I then coated it with Modge Podge and heat set it. I inked the edges to give it a distressed look. I didn't want to make the front of the journal bulky because I would be writing on the inside so I did not add any embellishments aside from the sticker from Eno Greeting. I left the pages blank for now. I would do the decorating as I go along each page. I am excited to make use of my horde of decorative tapes, post it notes, die cuts, stickers and what-not! It would definitely be fun filling out the pages.
On the other hand, I also made a set of charms to go along with the journal. I just threw in some beads, metal charms and the extra shrink plastic embellishments I made last month. The tinkling sound of the charms is just awesome. I feel so good listening to it. I keep shaking the charms to hear more of the lovely sound. Heh. 
I would be tucking in some smaller journaling cards and some other random stuff so I made these pretty paper clips that would coordinate with the journal.
That was that. Another project done. I still have previous projects which I haven't posted yet. I hope to be able to do so during the weekend. Please stop by next time to check them out. Thank you for looking today. Have a creative weekend!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Sonoma Illustration Board, Canvas Corp Tissuestock White, Eno Greeting 12"x12" paper pad, Project Life Odds and Ends Sampler Set, Paris Postcards, Coin envelopes, Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper Ivory, hole punch reinforcement, lace trimming, metal rings, Eno Greeting sticker, paper clips, paper flowers, buttons, charms, jump rings, shrink plastic embellishments, beads, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Bubble Wrap, Grid, Dictionary Meanings and Madame Boutique, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity and Advert 1, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Nougat and Creme de Cocoa, ColorBox Cat's Eye Pigment Ink Pad Chestnut, Modge Podge Classic Matte

No comments: