Sunday, May 14, 2017

CARD# HPJ-2017-25: Blue Birthday

Hi again! Here is another mixed media card. I made this for Ate Lany. Her birthday will be on the 24th. Well, I went a bit over the top on the flowers, but I can't undo it anymore. She has to bear with it. Heh. It just came out like that. I was only supposed to put in the one light blue inside the frame, but I ended up adhering one after another. It still looks pretty to me though. What do you think?
                                    The card measures 4" x 6 1/4".

I originally wanted to make a tall card which was at least 7 1/2" long, but the main paper that I wanted to use was only 6" so I would have to settle for a smaller version.

Did I tell you before that I looooove distress stains and inks? Gah. They are just so versatile. I love using them on my projects (I should remember adding glass bead gel or Mod Podge first though before putting them in.) 


So how did I make it? I distressed the papers. I adhered the first patterned paper onto the base while I worked on the main patterned paper separately. I stenciled onto the paper with light molding paste. I then stamped some text after it dried. Then I added color to it using distress stains in shades of blue. The background will not be complete without splattering the inks onto the surface. Afterwards, I added the embellishments. I decided against adding glass beads. I glazed the flowers with metallic acrylic paint as a finishing touch before adhering the whole thing onto the base. Oh, I also put in a sticker from my new sticker book for the sentiment.


That was that. Another card done! I'll just put it into one of my acetate boxes later on or on a box with the gift that we'll be giving her as a group. Thanks for looking today! Have a great Sunday!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Best of Studio Calico 12" x 12" Sampler, American Crafts Dear Lizzy 6" x 6" paper pad Serendipity, Rosie's Studio Foiled Sentiment Pad, paper flowers, silk flowers, stamens, Eno Greeting resin embellishment, Golden Light Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Chickenwire Reversed and Art Is, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Musica, Ranger Distress Stains Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Faded Jeans, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint Pearl White

No comments: