Sunday, May 7, 2017

CARD# HPJ-2017-23: Enjoy

Hi there! It's the weekend again. How time flies! Here's a card I made last weekend for a friend's birthday. 

I have hoarded a couple of Rosie's Studio paper pads from National Book Store last week and so I thought I had better make use of them for Janice's card which is coming up really soon. 

I thought of using kraft for the base so I had to choose between the kraft paper pad and the Romantica one. I was drawn towards red and black so I chose Romantica
 After deciding on the papers and color palette, I started on the actual card. The base measures 4 1/2" x 5 3/4". I had to work on the front of the card separately before adhering it onto the base. I distressed the edges of the black board paper and the patterned papers then adhered the red patterned paper onto the black board paper. The other sheets of patterned paper were placed inside the base of the card.
I stenciled on the middle part of the paper and added glass beads before splattering some ink on the surface. (I let each layer dry first of course.) I affixed the wooden embellishment and attached the paper flowers and beads. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of black board paper and put a brad on one end to add some interest. After which, I adhered it on top of the wooden embellishment. I glazed the paper flowers with metallic paint. Lastly, I put some crystals to complete the look. 

It was done just like that! Heh. I will be working on another mixed media card next and then on two box cards. Thanks for looking today! Have a wonderful weekend!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: American Crafts Kraft Board Paper, Black Board Paper, Rosie's Studio Paper Pad 6" x 6" Romantica, paper flowers, beads, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishments, brad, Uni Chalkboard Marker White, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Sentiments, Golden Light Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Cut Circles, Golden Glass Beads, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Cinder, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint Pearl White, WRMK Eyelet Setter, Stanley Glue Gun

No comments: