Monday, February 27, 2017

CANVAS # HPJ-2017-01: Wonder

Hi! How are you? I caught a vicious cold a few days after getting back to work in January so I was not able to make that many projects. I hated it, but I tried to bear with it.

Anyway, I was able to make two canvases during the long weekend of January 16th. Gad. I had fever and I ached all over for two days. I only managed to start the first canvas on the third day. Tsk.

Here is the first one that I came up with. I didn't like the base that much. It is just too glossy. I'll try black gesso some other time (when I have extra cash to buy a jar. It's a bit pricey.)




After the acrylic paint dried, I stenciled with light molding paste. Then I inked the surface with distress ink. I then stamped some text onto the bottom part of the canvas using a Brilliance pigment ink. I splattered metallic paint onto the canvas. I added the embellishments and glazed them with Liquid Pearl. I embossed some more text at the bottom and added some micro pearls. I adhered the paper flowers and the crystals as finishing touch.

I didn't like the gloss of the base much, but I think it still turned out fine. How do you find it? Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks for looking!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Conda Canvas 8"x10", Reeves Acrylic Paint Mars Black, Golden Light Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencils Mini Cut Circles and Mini Tile Texture, Ranger Distress Ink Mini Evergreen Bough and Peacock Feathers, Ranger Distress Embossing Ink, Ranger Distress Embossing Powder Superfine Black, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity Music, Ranger Liquid Pearl Peacock and Mint, Mod Podge Matte, micro pearls, paper flowers, Eno Greeting Resin Embellishment, Papemelroti Pin Button, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishment, self-adhesive crystals, metal charms, Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drop Lightning Black, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Dreamer

No comments: