Monday, October 12, 2015

DT PROJECT FOR BEE HAPPY CRAFTS: Tying the Knot


Hi there! How are you doing? Here is another wedding card I made for BHC DT last month. I just didn't get to post it on time. I'm so sorry for that. There are still a couple of projects that I haven't uploaded which I hope I could show you soon. 

So, let's look more into the card. If you have seen my previous works, you probably saw something similar. I've made two of these before, but they are slightly different. The first one was square while the other one was rectangular and it was the front part of a popup book card.



When I learned that I would be getting a Cottage Cutz Trellis With Vine Die for the month of September, I automatically thought of making a recessed frame card. I already pictured out how to arrange the die cuts on the card. Since I was into shabby chic last month, I used the more subtle designer papers from the Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party 6x6 paper pad. Here is what I came up with.

I made the base of the card (A2) following the guide written by Malin  on her blog cri-kee76. I inked all the edges using Walnut Stain. I cut the designer paper to fit into the frame and distressed the edges. I then inked it.

Before adding the die cuts, I covered the center of the card with another designer paper from the paper pad and adhered a die cut with a stamped sentiment. Then I glued the trellis with the vines. I added silk and paper flowers from my stash as well as some beads and silk leaves. After gluing down all the embellishments, I brushed the surface of the flowers with gesso then painted it with metallic acrylic. It is the same technique that I used on the card I made last August. 




On the inside of the card, I made a little pocket where I could tuck a gift card for the bride and groom.  I just cut a piece of white cardstock and punched the top part. (I originally used Arch Lattice, but when my package came in, I changed it with Doily Lace. It is much prettier this way.)  I then covered the 'unpunched' area with distressed and inked patterned paper. I stamped some more sentiments and I was done. 

It was another fun project. I love how it turned out. I will be making a paper bag mini to go with it later on. I will be giving them to my buddy (from my college org) on her wedding this November. 

So that was that. Thanks for looking today! Have a great week!^-^

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party 6x6 paper pad, Eno Greeting 3D Stickers, paper flowers, silk leaves and flowers, beads, pearl, self-adhesive pearls, Ranger Distress Ink Walnut Stain, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Ever After, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Pearl White, Stanley Glue Gun, foam tape, Martha Stewart Edge Punch Doily Lace, Spellbinders Nestabilities Captivating Squares, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments: