Monday, April 24, 2017

CANVAS # HPJ-2017-03: Life Is Good

Hi again! What I am going to share next is a triptych. It's a work of art that is divided into three sections (in this case, three canvases). I have been hooked with the techniques I am using with my art journal spreads that I have employed them on canvas as well. I still haven't gotten over the splatter technique yet and I don't think I will ever be. You will see for yourself when you check my next posts. Hehe.

For this triptych, I used pink and blue as the main colors. My new distress stains (in shades of blue) have arrived during this time so I made use of them for the project. 

First, I coated the canvases with gesso. Afterwards, I stenciled on the surface with light molding paste (I ran out of molding paste. TT.TT) I then proceeded with the stamping. I stamped like mad! Hah. Then I added the first two colors (light cream and light pink) using watered down liquid pearls. I found that they are permanent when dry and whatever liquid material you put on top of it would not smudge the original layer. Great! Lastly, I added the blue elements using distress stains. 



I adhered a journaling card on the first canvas, a postcard on the second one and another journaling card and a diecut with a pin button on the third one for the focal points. I forgot about the stains being water reactive so they smudged a bit when I brushed some micro pearls. Gad. I never learned because the same thing happened on my second triptych and on the fifth canvas. Hmph. 

I love the subtle shades of pink and blue on this project. I thought of putting some other embellishments, but decided against it in the end. It is simple yet beautiful. I hope you find it as such yourself. Thanks for stopping by today!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Conda Canvas 8" x 10" and 10" x 14", Pebeo White Gesso, Golden Light Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Chickenwire Reversed and Tile Texture, Ranger Liquid Pearls Bisque and Petal Pink, Ranger Distress Stains Broken China and Tumbled Glass, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Boutique and Journal, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Stitches and It Is Written, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity, Heidi Swapp Mixed Media Clear Stamps Script, Journaling Cards, Papemelroti pin button, post card, Eno Greeting diecuts, chipboard, Mod Podge Matte, micro pearls

No comments: