Monday, April 24, 2017

CARD#s HPJ-2017-03 to 06

Hello! Here is a set of cards I made for Raine, a colleague's daughter. She had her birthday last March and she especially requested that I make her a card when we went to their farm last February. She didn't need to ask. I would really make her not just one, but four. She can use the other three for her friends' birthdays. 



Let's start with her birthday card. I made a trishutter card for it since she had mentioned before that she loved the one I made a couple of months ago. I actually made it somewhat similar to that card. I used the pretty papers from the Documentary paper pad. I did not embellish heavily since the papers are already very pretty what with all the patterns and colors. I only added some texture using light molding paste and stamped texts. 

CARD# HPJ-2017-03: Happy








I have committed a little mistake on this card. You see I did not originally think of dripping some ink on the front of the card for the background. If I had decided to do that beforehand, I would not have adhered the patterned paper to the base yet. Ugh. It was a mess. The ink of course soaked through the patterned paper and through the base. Tsk tsk tsk. My bad. Anyway, it looked great after everything dried. I'm still happy with it after all the mess. And I heard Raine loved it so I shouldn't feel bad about it.

For the other three cards, I used the same techniques as the trishutter card only that they were just two-fold cards. 

CARD# HPJ-2017-04: Celebrate



CARD# HPJ-2017-05: Shine



CARD# HPJ-2017-06: Hello



That was that. Thanks for looking today! I hope you check my other projects. Have a wonderful week!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, American Crafts Dear Lizzy Paper Pad 6" x 6" Documentary, Rosie's Studio Chalkboard Elements, Eno Greeting Resin Embellishments, self-adhesive crystals, Golden Light Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Chickenwire Reversed, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Botanical Odyssey and Boutique, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Cinder and Scarlet 

No comments: