Monday, April 27, 2015

CARD HPJ-2015-18: Purple Madness



Hi again! I have a loooot to catch up. More post are coming up after this. Haha. I’ve not been in touch for far too long.

Moving on. This time I am going to share to you the most recent card that I made. It is a mixed media one with a purple, black and silver color palette. I don’t use purple that much so I thought it would be great to utilize my mostly untouched purple stash. It is actually a part of my Mothers’ Day project. I am thinking of making different cards using the ROYGBIV scheme. I mean I won’t do indigo, but I would try to make all the other colors. Wouldn’t that be fun. And I will make several mixed media cards. Woohoo! I love the texture and the dimensions.

Anyhow, I feel happy about this card. Aside from the front, I also decorated the inside. See. I am employing the techniques I learned in making mini albums. Thanks a lot to all the artists who are so generous to share their knowledge and their talent to the world. I learn a lot from them and I am inspired to create even more awesome projects. I love you guys!


As for the front of the card, I layered two distressed patterned paper. I added molding paste and stamped an image for the background. I cut a small part of a die cut and also cut the center to make the image show through. I then adhered a couple of paper flowers which I gessoed and put glitters on before doing so. I also affixed black pearls and some charms to add more flare.


At the bottom left of the card, I adhered another die cut. I am thinking of writing or stamping the name of the recipient later on. For now, I do not know who will get it so I will leave it at that.



Inside, I made a small pocket where a cardstock for the message will be tucked in as well as a journaling card from the Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection. I debated on whether to make a matching box for it or just put it in an acetate box. Well, the acetate box seems to be more appealing. I could make a small stand at the bottom and decorate it a bit to match the card. What do you think? I’ll add a photo of it inside the acetate box once I made the stand, but for now, I’ll only show images of the card itself, okay?




I had a great time creating this piece. I hope to make the other cards soon. Thank you for stopping by! Till the next post.

[MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Board Paper White, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Stardream Board Paper Silver, All About Scrapbooking 12x12, paper flowers, lace trimming, pearls, charms, crystal, Marie’s Gesso, white glue, glitters, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Windsor, Golden Molding Paste, The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Stencil Mini Punchinella, Stanley Glue Gun, micro pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities Splendid Circles, Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites fancy Framed Tags One, Cuttlebug Machine V2]

No comments: