Monday, September 12, 2016

MINI ALBUM: Live Laugh Love

Hello! How are you doing? It has been raining daily since last week and I was just so lazy over the weekend that I did not want to move. I can't remember if I've mentioned about a mini that I was working on for Ria, one of our colleagues who came back from Maternity Leave. I think I did.

Anyway, I should have given this to her last month during our small welcome back surprise for her, but I wasn't finished with the album yet. 

Here it is.


The album measures 8 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 8 1/2". The pages are at 8" x 8".







Let's start with the cover. Like what I usually do with mini album covers, I used chipboard and reinforced the folded parts with double sided adhesive tape and tissuestock coated with Mod Podge. After drying, I adhered the designer papers. I decorated it after all the pages were in place.

I used minimal embellishments on the front of the cover. I adhered a length of lace trimmings on the part where one designer paper joined another. I stenciled a brocade at the middle of the cover with light molding paste. The light molding paste is perfect. It added dimension to the project and at the same time some texture. (If I prefer molding paste on my cards and art journal, I love using light molding paste on minis.) I then affixed a wooden embellishment and added the sticker and paper flowers. I glazed the wood veneer and flowers with metallic acrylic paint. I also put in the sentiment 'Live, Laugh, Love' and stamped on the background. And of course I made the closure using the technique I learned from Cathy McGrath.

Now for the pages... I cut eight 8" x 8" board papers and adhered eight designer papers. I stenciled with light molding paste on each one which would serve as the background for the photos. After drying, I went crazy with my stamps and ink pads. I stamped here and there. Then I made the hinge. I adhered it onto the spine of the cover and decorated the inner cover. I made pockets for the tags and additional photos. Afterwards, I adhered the pages onto the hinge one after the other. 








The mini is easy to make but it takes a lot of time to complete with all the coating and stenciling and drying. I'm pretty sure I'll be making another one in the next few weeks or so. People's birthdays are coming up (and so is mine!). 

I hope you liked it. Thank you for looking today! Have a great week!



MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Chipboard, Moods Board Paper Stormy Gray, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, DCWV 12"x12" paper pad Vintage Lane, Eno Greeting 8"x8" paper pad Sweet Life, Rosie's Studio Sticker Book of Phrases, Eno Greeting 3D Stickers, paper flowers, manila tags, Eno Greeting Wooden Embellishment, organza ribbon, lace trimmings, Golden Light Molding Paste, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Brocade and Chicken Wire Reversed, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Perfume, Butterflies, Windsor, Botanical Odyssey and Flutterby, Prima Marketing Clear Stamps Vintage Vanity #1, Heidi Swapp Mixed Media Clear Stamps Script, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Rose Madder and Aquamarine, StazOn Midi Ink Pad Emerald City, Ganache, Spiced Chai and Cloudy Sky, FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint Pearl White, Stanley Glue Gun, Canvas Corp Tissuestock, Mod Podge Matte, Aleene's Tacky Glue

No comments: