Sunday, September 18, 2016

CARD# HPJ-2016-23: Bon Voyage 2

Hi! I'm going to share a project that I made last week. It is actually a wallet fold mini, but I made it into a card. Well, a holder of tags for the messages. I made two of these before. I learned how to make it from Ginny Nemchak. It is easy and fun to make. It works great for a travel theme. If you want to know how it is done, you can check out Ginny's guide on Snapguide here.



The mini measures 3" x 4 1/2". It is really small which makes it even cuter. Heh.


I used a gift wrapper for the base. It is one of those wrapping papers that I hoarded from Papemelroti 2 or so years ago. I think I'll get some more of the same design if they still have some stock left. I hope they still have them. 


For the front of the card, I stamped some images in the background before stenciling with light molding paste. After the paste dried, I applied distress ink on the surface. I stamped a balloon image on a separate patterned paper and fussy cut it. I adhered chipboard at the back before affixing it onto the card. I then added the sentiment which I first stamped on a piece of patterned paper. I distressed and inked the edges. I put in the metal charms last to add more interest to the card. 


I stamped some more on the pockets.

I ran a die through my Cuttlebug and made several tags. These tags would hold the message for the recipient. 

I did not put inserts on the sides since Dino asked me not to. He only wanted to fill in the inside pockets.

So that was that. Another fun project done! I hope you liked it. Thanks for looking today! Have a great week!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Papemelroti Wrapping Paper, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Tim Holtz Paper Stash 8"x8" paper pad Menagerie, metal charms, lace trimming, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Wanderlust, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Dreamer, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, ColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Pigment Ink Chestnut, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Mini Tile Texture, Golden Light Molding Paste, Ranger Distress Ink Mini Tea Dye, Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue, EK Circle Punch 1/2", hole punch, Cuttlebug Machine V2


No comments: